Thursday, November 6, 2008

Joshua Daniel Irwin 1988-1992


Josh was born 18 Oct 1988 and was the son of Ronald Paul Irwin and Linda Irwin. He passed away on 15Nov1992 due to complications with his heart

His funeral was held on 18Nov1992 at the Word of Faith Church. The service was officiated by Dr. Ralph Marowitz and Pastor Art Osborne with Kim Garcia as the soloist and Jimmy Kelley as the pianist.
He was laid to rest in the Baby Land 1 section of the Bluebonnet Hills Memorial Park Cemetery in Colleyville, Texas.

--------------------------------

But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 19:14

"Joshua was always around even when none of my friends were around. He would come into my room and play with me. I liked to read him stories from my Picture Bible. I would ask him what story he wanted me to read, and if I could find it, I would read it to him. He especially liked the story about 'Jesus walkin' on the water.' I'm glad he's in heaven, but I miss him." - Bubba (Chris Irwin)

--------------------------------

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. - Isaiah 11:06

"Joshua is in such a better place. He is with his Heavenly Father, running and playing on the streets of gold. This scripture talks about animals living in peace with each other: the wolf with the lamb, the leopard and the goat, the lion and the calf. And all of these animals tame enough to be led around by a little child like Joshua. He loved lions, he had a shirt that said 'Daniel, President of the Lion's Club.' I get a real kick out of thinking about little Joshua leading a great big Lion around. I love you Joshua, my heart aches for you, but what a great place to be!" - Mommy. (Linda Irwin)

--------------------------------

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah40:31

"I was there when you were first born, Joshua my son. I waited for you in the first few hours of your life when they performed surgery on your heart. I held you in my arms in the Intensive Care Unit and rocked you and read the Bible to you as much as I could. I watched you grow up and you became my special guy, my buddy. I loved to take you everywhere with me where I'd buy you almost anything because I loved you so. I know you never really had a normal child's life, you could not run and play for long, though you would always try and never seemed to mind. I was also there when you died. I held you in my arms for the first and last few hours of your life, though I choose to remember the hours in-between. But, now I know you're in heaven where you can run, play, and sing, and there you will never grow tired again and be happy for eternity. So, I'll see you again my son, someday really soon. I love you with all my heart, even more than I can say, and I thank you Lord, most of all for giving me this angel unaware." - Daddy. (Ron Irwin)

--------------------------------

Joshua Loved...
Jesus
Mom, Dad, & Bubba
Going to Church
Graduating to the 4 year old class so he could be with his friends Amber and Perry
Blessing the food "Thank you Father for this good food, bless it in Jesus name, Amen."
Saying his prayers and listening to his praise and worship tapes while going to sleep.
Going to stores and restaurants, especially toy stores.
Laughing, running, playing and singing.
Playing with his pretend food.
Building stuff.
Jumping on the trampoline with his Bubba.
Birthday presents and chocolate cake with ice cream.
Telling us Bible versus he learned in Sunday School.
Having Mommy of Daddy read him stories.
Watching puppy dog movies.
Being a "matching guy" with Bubba and Daddy (dressing alike).
Going to see the Cowboys and the Bears (football).
Going to the park and having someone swing him high.
Getting in bed with Mommy and Daddy when it's thundering outside.
Going swimming or playing in water.
Playing computer painting and Tree House game.
Saying "I love you."


Source:
• Lucille Mehrkam, History and Genealogy of the Family of Jacob Klepper/Clepper Family and Malcolm McAlpine Family (The Gregath Company, 1996), Library of Congress under card number 86-62751 (Page 217)
• Ronald Paul Irwin and Linda Irwin

No comments: